Grades assignation

Submitted by guest (not verified) on 11 March 2008 - 2:41pm

Greetings to all my online buddies!
Does anyone has an idea how CXC assigns grade to subjects? I may seems kind of vague asking such question. Here is an example to make my question a little more comprehensible.
92%-100% Distinction
85%-91% Grade 1
78%-84% Grade 2
60%-77% Grade 3
40%-59% Grade 4
20%-39% Grade 5
0%-19% Grade 6
The above method of assigning grades is not true. Note: Once more it's an example. If anyone of my online buddies has information on the correct method of grade assignation which is in connection to percentage as indicated in the above mentioned example, please reply. I shall love to hear from you.
Your online buddy
Tony

Fivestar

Archie 12 March 2008 - 4:07am

Tony, I don't think CXC tells you what percentage you make to get a grade 1,2,3,4 or else. They just tell you what grade you get and that's it. I have never heard of anyone finding out what percentage they got in a CXC subject. If you find out any information on that could you let me know as well?

Archie

guest (not verified) 30 July 2011 - 9:48pm

I have heard that Cxc grades on a bell curve therefore it depends on the average grades of everyone who wrote and then it would be decided what percentage is assigned to which grade. Hope this helps.

guest (not verified) 25 May 2012 - 10:19am

what happens if you obtain little amount marks on the long paper, and you graded about 30/60 for the multiple choice and you pass your sba, is it possible that you can still obtain a grade 3 at least.

Hi,
Hmmm... I am not sure. Since I don't know how much marks you made on the long paper and have absolutely no idea what grade you got on your SBA, I really can't say. If I said anything, I would be guessing.

What does your gut tell you? Do you think you passed?

guest (not verified) 15 August 2013 - 11:52pm

I studied English one week before exams and got a grade 3

guest (not verified) 27 January 2014 - 12:00pm

In reply to by Archie

I beleive english is very easy to pass because u jus have to do your best in your essays and have alot of faith in GOD....:0

guest (not verified) 9 June 2014 - 11:08am

incorrect grammar, should be - 'Does anyone "have" an idea','If anyone of my online buddies "have" information' (not "has"). and no i don't.

guest (not verified) 7 September 2016 - 8:30pm

In reply to by guest (not verified)

that's very true.i have exams next year and i'm so scared because of the way the teachers(english a and b)in particulary speaks.And others say it was hard.Every time the thought of not doing good comes to my mind i knock it out of my mind quickly and say...."I can do all things through christ who strenghtens me"
I JUST ASKING MY FELLOW BUDDIES IF YOU CAN PRAY FOR ME AS I PRAY FOR YOU....REMEMBER WE ALL NEED PRAYS.

Jordan (not verified) 8 April 2018 - 11:32pm

If I fail my SBA, is there a chance I can pass the subject overall, like with a grade II or grade III?

admin 14 April 2018 - 1:01am

In reply to by Jordan (not verified)

Hello, it depends on how well you did on the other two exam papers.

Joshua (not verified) 6 May 2018 - 8:25pm

I studied Literature 6 days before the exam and got a Grade 2. Didn't study for English and got Grade 1

sonny (not verified) 8 May 2018 - 9:57pm

i have cxc maths tmr and i did not practice anything for it what do i do. I got 18/20 in my SBA

Akil (not verified) 10 May 2018 - 8:43am

How do they add up the marks for paper 1 paper 2 and your sba?? To find your grade

Lina (not verified) 10 May 2018 - 11:35am

If I get about 60 something in the long paper and about 40 something in the m.c and 13/20 on my sba, what would my grade be?

guest (not verified) 21 May 2018 - 3:51pm

If I obtain profiles BCC can I get a grade 3 ?

unknown (not verified) 26 May 2018 - 8:17am

Isn't a grade one a distinction?

Add new comment

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.