Caribbean Short Story Competition 2009-2010
Potbake Productions launches Caribbean short story writing competition 2009-2010
Potbake Productions is launching a Caribbean Short Story Competition, a short story competition with a twist. There will be a total of 17 prizes. The overall winner gets USD $ 250.00 and their story, along with 16 other winning stories, will be published as short story book collection by November 2010.
Guidelines and rules for submitting stories
- Entrants must be citizens of the Caribbean.
- Entrants must be greater than or equal to 13 years of age.
- A maximum of 2 entries per entrant.
- Stories must be a minimum of 2,500 words but no greater than 3,000 words. Other entries will not be considered.
- Stories must be original works, having never been featured in any other publication, newspaper, magazine or otherwise.
- Submissions must be in MS WORD or PDF format and must include the word count, author's name and contact information.
- Entries submitted after Monday, 31st May 2010, will not be considered.
- Entries can be sent via hard or soft copy
- Email: email@example.com. Subject line must be: "CSSC.2009/2010".
- Hard copy submissions must be made to #3, 3rd Street West, Beaulieu Avenue, Trincity, Trinidad, West Indies.
The end result for the top 17 stories
- The overall winner will receive a cash prize of USD $ 250.00.
- The top 17 stories will be compiled in a book and each winner will receive a free copy.
- An about the author page will be included in the publication for each of the 17 winners.
- The authors will retain the copyright for their stories.
- Potbake Productions will retain distribution rights for the top 17 stories.
- There is no other monetary gain for the winning authors. There are no royalties to collect on sales.